Posterior and Quadrant Dentistry
Orientation Week - 21 February 2021
Module 1 - 1st March to 18th June 2021*
*Dates are subject to change
Treat a quadrant of teeth efficiently, effectively and in a way that is practical, possible and profitable in general practice
As we all know, the workhorse of general dental practice is treating toothache, caries, cracks and fracture, predominantly in posterior teeth.
You will be amazed at how much your efficiency increases by using the quadrant technique, because all the teeth that need treating in one entire quadrant, are done in the same appointment instead of treating single teeth over several visits.
The Advantages are Numerous...
Hear about what you will learn in this course
Dr Lincoln Harris is the mastermind behind RipeGlobal and the unique teaching methods and curriculum for the Fellowship in Restorative Dentistry.
In this video he explains some details on what you will learn.
Direct Quadrant Restorative
Prior to learning direct quadrant restorative skills and didactics, you will be tasked to raise your digital photography and documentation skills to the level required for documenting your work in this course. When you are proficient in effective treatment planning, it will improve the communication skills between the dentist, your patients, and your staff.
You begin this module by understanding your starting skill level through a challenge to restore a quadrant in composite on a model in a mannequin's head, to give the most realistic simulation. What follows is a series of intensive skills training presented in the style of our unique education method that is designed to help dentists reduce and overcome stress. Learners will be invited to practice your skills with repetition, ultimately achieving perfect restorations of posterior anatomy. Finishing module 1, you will be able to confidently build a quadrant of composites, manage deep margin cases without fear, and use isolation to achieve consistent results for your patients.
- You will achieve successful outcomes in deep margin and difficult cases.
- You will perfect your photographic skills, and master treatment planning, communication and patient management.
Theory, Hands-on and Online Learning
- Welcome Presentation. We welcome you to this learning journey. Bring your questions! If you have particular educational needs bring them up now. We will outline the requirements of the course and the structure of each module.
- Pre-Theory Exercise. You will restore a quadrant of composite as best you can on the mannequins documenting each step following a checklist of required photos. The documentation of your case will be uploaded. This will mean that you gain significantly more from the following presentations and training exercises, and start learning the process of ideal documentation. We can also identify any issues you may have that need close focus during later training exercises.
- Quadrant photography and case presentations. Now that you have had an attempt, we will go through how to take excellent photos, and how to build case presentations for this and later modules.
- Composite case presentation. Document a single direct restoration step by step. Produce a case presentation and share for feedback with your mentor.
- Treatment planning, communication, and patient management. This presentation will cover the core elements of effective, patient centred treatment planning, communication techniques, and methods for making your life less stressful by managing patient anxiety.
- Treatment planning case presentation. Prepare a treatment plan for your patient who requires a quadrant of restorative dentistry. A group brainstorming session will follow as we go over each of the treatment plans that each student has developed.
- Hands-on Intensive. A quadrant of composites will be carried out under instruction in realistic time frames to simulate this procedure. You will receive one on one intense coaching and personalised training
- Isolation, Preparation and Matrixing. This presentation will cover multiple techniques to gain perfect isolation, preparation techniques and how to select and problem solve matrixing in class 2 restorations
- Bioclear technique and injection moulding. This presentation will cover a bulk fill approach to restoring teeth that is fast, fracture avoiding, and focussed on the core qualities of directs.
- Posterior composite anatomy - presentation. Learn ideal anatomy which you will use all through your career with both direct, indirect and larger complex cases.
- Deep margins and difficult cases - presentation. A direct restoration can be amongst the most difficult things in dentistry when it is large and deep. This presentation will cover techniques to deal with the more difficult variations of this procedure.
- Group exercise covering all areas of bonding agents.
Indirect Quadrant Restorative
You will build a single crown prep on a model prior capturing your base level of skill. Indirect Quadrant Restorative training will take you into the space of practicing your skills on traditional crown preps with cores, vertical crown preps, onlay preps and temporaries. This course section explores the different types of materials that are used in indirect dentistry in great detail.
- You will find your confidence in treatment planning indirect quadrant restorative cases.
- You will master occlusion in quadrant dentistry, as well as preparation design, temporaries, impressions/scanning, and vertical preparation.
Theory, Hands-on and Online Learning
- Pre-Theory Exercise. Single crown prep on a model before theory starts - Document, and share. The quality of your work will get feedback from your mentor so you know where to focus when the training days start.
- Treatment planning and occlusion in quadrant dentistry - presentation. The details of how to plan multiple restorations, multiple materials and the ordering of stages.
- Intense hands-on. Traditional crown preps with cores, Vertical crown preps, Onlay preps, and Temporaries. Document preps at the end and submit. A minimum of 16 crown preps will be completed in this exercise to develop strong muscle memory and self assessment of techniques.
- Preparation design. For indirect restorations, temporisation strategies, and techniques
- Vertical preparations. How to manage difficult and badly broken teeth using a vertical, marginless, or feather edge prep.
- Literature. Focus on the latest literature covering dental materials. Critical thinking, how to assess studies, and bias review will be covered in a workshop environment.
- Occlusion in quadrant dentistry. How to recognise, manage and warn patients who have severe occlusal issues. When cases are acceptable to restore without full arch treatment, and when they require full arch treatment will be carried out.
- Treatment plan and case presentation of a patient from your office to the group including decision making informed consent, financial consent, techniques and materials chosen
- Final assessment of posterior. Written exam and demonstration of adequate competence in hands-on activities.
Simple and easy.
Delivered Virtually and 100% free from travel
Experience the Virtual Hands-on Learning Demo
Learn from the comfort of your own home or clinic
Your Posterior and Quadrant Learning Hours
Posterior theory sessions
recorded or live
Posterior Live Question & Answer Sessions
Clinical case presentation, presentation, research and skill development
CE / CPD
*Approximate hours expected
Assessment for the Fellowship in Restorative Dentistry
Assessment points that can be obtained for Posterior and Quadrant Dentistry module is 250 Points.
Assessment points are weighted by the amount of time required to complete the class/segment.
Assessment points are awarded for completing tasks, exercises, case presentation or by the standard achieved.
The Fellowship will be awarded to learners who gain more than 700 points out of 1000.
The unique teaching methodology sets this course apart
RipeGlobal is revolutionising dental education, replacing the traditional theory-heavy system with a skills-focused curriculum which celebrates repetition under simulated conditions.
RipeGlobal is the first dental education provider to feature live virtual skills training and mentoring delivered using fail first training methodology.
RipeGlobal has also integrated human factor training into our teaching program. When dentists are trained against exposure to stress, fatigue, unexpected and urgent conditions, your ability to produce quality outcomes under conditions similar to those in the clinic remains effective.
What previous attendees are saying about this course...
Dr Aashish Kaphle
"I like that you can apply day one back in the practice"
Dr James Tran
"Doing better quality work"
Dr Linh Huang
"Confidence and no longer referring out Full Arch Cases"
Just a few of your educators...
The Fellowship in Restorative Dentistry has been carefully crafted by leading practitioners in this field.
Stay tuned for many EXCITING WORLD CLASS educators being announced soon!
Contact a Pathway Advisor
Australia 1300 436 033
Canada +1 226 407 7473
Europe (Estonia) +372 602 6780
New Zealand +64 800 493 630
United Kingdom +44 7402 127 473
USA +1 517 888 7473
What previous attendees are saying about this course...
Register your interest for individual courses
We have created the Fellowship as a logical learning sequence, and sold as a four module continuum.
If there is any space in any of the modules, we can sell individual places. However those doing the full course will be offered priority.
Please register your interest below and we will keep you updated if an individual module becomes available.
The only course that will not be offered individually is Full Mouth Rehabilitation.
This is only for those who have completed the first 3 modules (Anterior, Posterior and Quadrant, and Veneers and Aesthetics).